Trying to Design Your ID Badge? Follow 3iD’s Tips for the Perfect ID Card
In business, appearance is everything. If you are trying to create a high-quality format for your ID cards, it can prove challenging trying to create the perfect balance to enhance your brand name while also improving facility security and access. It’s important to make a good impression with your custom ID badges, and the 3iD team is here to help!
Our company focuses on providing the best ID card supplies including printers, lanyards, and a variety of other products to create cost-effective results across numerous industries. ID card software is one of our top-selling products, and for good reason. These programs provide an intuitive method of designing and printing your ID cards in a professional, cost-effective manner.
If you’re stuck in the design phase of your ID badge, be sure to follow a few of our tips below. Ready to perfect your ID card? Buy online or contact us today!
Meeting Your Needs
First and foremost, you will need to decide what exactly your business needs before making a decision. Are you looking for a basic ID design program, or a comprehensive design solution for professional results? Does your company rely on database support for fast and streamlined ID badging services? Many ID printers offer the basic support to get businesses started in creating their unique ID badges, yet fail to provide the right level of usability for personalized results.
You can find the ID design software to import, export, and customize workflow templates, as well as a range of technical benefits to get the job done. Badge printers with database support can save all of your vital data, saving time and effort if you ever need to reprint an ID card.
3iD Cards is here to provide a full range of ID badges, printers, and accessories to create professional results in a variety of industries. We have the training and experience to help you find an ideal match for your company, whether you need:
- School ID badges
- Employee IDs
- Loyalty cards
- Membership cards
- Visitor badges
- Or more!
Deliver the Key Information
Once you have determined what your company needs for its ID badges moving forward, it’s time to decide on what said ID card will visually provide. Your business will need to balance the essentials of what needs to be clear and present on the identification card without including a stressful amount of data.
To narrow the process down, it can help to go through each element of your ID badge:
- Text — Name, position, and other credentials are vital on ID cards of all types. Be sure to plan your content properly, making your ID badges as informative as possible while providing individuals with the right amount of data.
- Photos — One key advantage of printing your own ID badges is the ability to provide a clear picture of who the cardholder should be. 3iD Cards offers the right design programs at the right price, so be sure to contact us if you have questions about the photography process!
- Company logo or affiliated images — Whether you wish to brand your business name with a quality logo on the card or implement an image for a select service or position, it’s important to choose the right images and dimensions when creating your ID card. Be sure to balance this image with the ID photo you’ve already taken!
- Barcodes — Scanning in is an important part of your ID badges, which is why it is important to also consider the most convenient and stylish locations for QR codes, barcodes, and more.
- Type of access strip — If a magnetic stripe is needed, or a contact chip to provide fast and simple access to your facility, we recommend planning ahead to ensure the best results. Oftentimes, your ID card design software will provide insights and solutions for the best layout.
Readability is Key
Once you have determined all of the essentials for the front and back of your ID cards, it’s important to ensure that the final result is clear and readable. Why? Because guests and other employees will only have a moment to glimpse your team’s ID cards. It’s important to provide the vital information needed to accomplish your goals, but keep in mind that simplicity is often the key.
Finding the Right Technology
Designing and printing your plastic ID cards can be a rewarding process if completed correctly. In order to find the right fit for your needs, you will need to determine which type of ID card printer you need. You can choose from one of two printing technologies to get the job done:
- Direct-to card printing relies on dye sublimation and monochrome thermal transfers to create a quality finish relying on a one-step printing process. The ribbons within your ID card printer will be heated until they vaporize, solidifying accordingly on the ID card.
- Retransfer printing relies on a two-step process, where the card design is printed on a transparent film and then transferred to the back panel. The design is then transferred onto the card, reversing the print so that it is right on the actual ID card.
While direct-to-card printing process is affordable, fast, and overall effective, retransfer printing allows you to print high-quality finishes on a variety of materials. Retransfer printing also helps your printer head to last longer.
Contact Us Now
Are you ready to get started with the best ID badges in the business? Browse our site to find the right ID design software for your business, or contact us online for assistance. We look forward to helping your company thrive!